Demo Site

15 December 2009

And so it begins...

Alright, about time to get this blog rollin'. My most recent post concludes this semester's term papers. I have just one more final left (Canadian Literature), so I can finally start watching some movies again. In celebration of finishing my Spanish final yesterday I ran (in the snow, with my hole-y shoes) to the Koerner library to pick out some movies. I grabbed Volver (Almodóvar, 2006), Traffic (Soderbergh, 2000), Rashômon (Kurosawa, 1950), and a DVD of two Chris Marker films: Sans soleil (1983), and "La Jetée" (1962). It's kinda funny, I went to get four movies to watch for fun, and when I walked out I realized all four were in different languages. Anyway, after some Super Mario Bros. for the NES and washing dishes with Acacia, we made some dinner and watched Volver. So, as you guessed it, my next post will be discussing said film.

I am not really sure at this point what form my writing will take; it will likely change, understandibly, from film to film. My style may change drastically, but after a few films I figure I'll sort of figure out what I'm trying to do here. I've decided not to read anything on Volver, so I'll try the first post that way. I'll likely write it later today, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment